Admissions Process At Elite Truck School
Truck Driver Training In Portland, OR
Getting started at Elite Truck School is an easy process:
- Contact us to discuss qualifications
- Select a start date and reserve your spot
- Fill out our online registration paperwork
- Show up for class
Qualifications at Elite Truck School
We are excited about the chance to help you earn your Class A CDL and place you in a job. Prior to enrolling at one of our Portland-area truck driving schools, it is important to find out if you meet the following qualifications. Interested students must:
- Be 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent or, if not available, pass an Ability-to-Benefit Exam administered by Elite Truck School.
- Possess a valid driver’s license at the time of enrollment and have 1 year of automobile driving experience.
- Be able to pass a DOT drug test (we schedule it for you).
- Be able to pass a DOT physical exam.
- Submit a DMV driving record.
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make legible entries on reports and records.
Driver’s license and driving record
You must possess a valid driver’s license for at least one year. You must obtain and submit a current DMV printout of your driving record. This driving record must show that you do not have any major violations. This would include more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, more than 1 chargeable accident in the last 5 years, or any alcohol violations in the last 5 years.
Department of Transportation Physical
Students must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical. A few of the common failures of the DOT physical requirements are, color blindness, high blood pressure, some mental illnesses, diabetes, vision less than 20-40 that is not correctable, epilepsy, seizures, and use of certain prescribed medications. If you have any questions concerning physical conditions that may prohibit you from passing a DOT physical, please discuss this with an Elite Admissions Representative. Students are welcome to use Elite Truck School’s contracted clinic to obtain their Medical Card.
Students must also be able to pass a DOT drug screen during your first week of class. In addition, you will be subject to random, probable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing during the program per Federal Motor Carrier Regulations. The drug testing process must be done through Elite Truck School and their contracted clinic.